Premium Joomla Template by HostMonster Reviews

U.S. DOL Releases New FLC Registration Forms

November 8, 2021

The Wage and Hour Division (WHD) of the U.S. Department of Labor has published three new forms for Farm Labor Contractors (FLCs) and Farm Labor Contractor Employees (FLCEs) to use to apply for or update Certificates of Registration. WHD developed these forms to provide applicants and their representatives with clarification on required fields and documents, and feature expanded instructions to guide applicants through the registration process. 
There are now three (3) different forms, each of which serves a different purpose, and all of which can be found on this website:

  • Form WH-530 should be used for FLCs to apply for initial or renewal Certificates of Registration.
  • Form WH-535 should be used for FLCEs to apply for initial or renewal Certificates of Registration.
  • Form WH-540 should be used for both FLCs and FLCEs to amend a valid Certificate of Registration.

A more detailed explanation regarding the form modifications and tips for a successful application is available here

WHD will currently accept the new forms or completed old forms received in their office on or before March 31, 2022. It is also highly recommended to apply 120 days prior to license expiration as opposed to the previous 90 days.  

In addition, they launched a new website to assist applicants with Certificate Registration. The website includes brief webinars, frequently asked questions, and other resources. If you have any questions about the new forms, you are encouraged to first review the resources on the website and the instructions on the form. If you continue to have questions, contact them at (415) 241-3505 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Thanks to our friends and colleagues at California Farm Labor Contractors Association for this important information for FELS customers and clients who engage in farm labor contracting activity.