FELS.net - FLC Topics

Apply Online for Farm Labor Contractor State License

The Department of Industrial Relations’ (DIR) Labor Commissioner’s Office has announced that Farm Labor Contractor (FLC) applications can now be processed online. The new system is a convenient alternative to applying in person or by mail, and also allows for efficient renewal of FLC licenses.

Read more: FLC Online State License Application

Labor Commissioner Begins to Issue Temporary FLC Licenses

According to the Labor Commissioner’s office, the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement  will be issuing farm labor contractor temporary licenses as follows:

Read more: FLC's Issued Temporary Licenses

Employee Payroll Report Template

Legislation signed into law in 2011 amended California Labor Code §226. (Click here to view LC §226) The law now requires farm labor contractors (FLC) to disclose to each employee in an itemized wage statement (paycheck stub) the name and address of farmers or ranchers securing the contractor's services.

Read more: FLC Employee Payroll Report

1992 FLC Study by EDD & UC APMP Interesting Reading

According to Lupe Sandoval, a 1992 study titled " Farm Labor Contractor in California" is 21 years old now - but still makes for interesting reading.  "It would be great to look at how we could get this data updated, through funding for a new study," Sandoval said.

Read more: 1992 FLC Study by EDD/UC

FLC State License Application

Every FLC doing business in California must be licensed by the DLSE. Information on California’s FLC licensing requirements can be accessed online or obtained by writing to: DLSE, Licensing Section, P.O. Box 420603, San Francisco, CA 94142.

Read more: FLC State License Application